Membership in CIRI provides investor relations professionals with the information and resources they need to excel in today’s environment. Here's what we provided to members in Q2:
- Published IR focus on DIY marketing vs. corporate access;
- Published IR leader with articles on IR in the age of 'fake news'; executive compensation; and new revenue and financial instrument standards;
- Published IR directions: Conferences and Non-deal Roadshows;
- Published top IR stories in wIRed;
- Issued the member needs survey;
- Hosted eight Chapter events across Canada; and
- Hosted a sold out Annual Conference.
During the quarter, we also made steady progress on our practical vision and strategic imperatives. We focused on advancing two of our six strategic imperatives – Marketing and Organizational Alignment. On Marketing, we developed resources for the IR community in order to raise awareness of CIRI and demonstrate the insight we provide to a broader audience. On Organizational Alignment, we conducted joint calls for nominations for the National Board and Chapter Executives to ensure good governance and engagement across Canada. All of our strategic imperatives are aimed at advancing the practice and the stature of the IR profession while improving our collaboration across the organization to benefit you – our members.
In Q3, we will continue to focus on professional development, delivering a free-to-member webinar on MiFID II and its impact on you; hosting the Essentials of IR Program; completing the 2018 Certification Program; and hosting various Chapter events. We will also continue to provide resources including: IR focus
, IR leader
as well as an update to CIRI’s IR eLibrary.
Not a CIRI member? Join today