Here's What We Delivered in Q3 and What's Coming in Q4
Can you believe it is almost the end of October already! Q3 was a busy on for us, particularly on the professional development side having hosted nine events across Canada in September alone. The Essentials of IR was on e of these events and garnered a record attendance. That, coupled with an increase in recent job listings, shows that some IR roles downsized in past years are being replenished or IR teams are expanding. That's great news for the profession.
For the remainder of Q4, we will provide you with more professional development; issues education; and resources - all of which is outlined below:
- An information session on the new and improved IR Certification Program being delivered in partnership with Rotman School of Management;
- 11 more educational and networking events across Canada, including our annual ESG Workshop;
- An Issues Backgrounder on the Capital Markets Regulatory Authority (CMRA) - This was recently issued on Monday, October 21;
- A free-to-member event on 2020 Proxy Season;
- CIRI's IR Compensation & Responsibilities Survey;
- CIRI's ESG practices research;
- wIRed, with relevant, timely articles;
- IR focus on disclosure committees; and
- IR leader with articles on IRO compensation and use of social media.
We will also be making some modifications to how we communicate with members to tie in with our core focus on: resources; professional development; networking; and issues advocacy and education. All resources-related communications will come from email@example.com; all event-related communications, whether they are educational or networking, will come from firstname.lastname@example.org; all issues-related communications will continue to come from email@example.com; and all membership-related emails will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure these emails are added to your address book or safe senders list to ensure you do not miss any of these communications.
As always, if you have any feedback on CIRI or suggestions, please feel free to reach out to Yvette Lokker at email@example.com. Your opinion matters.